From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Fmt:formatNumber and Euro symbol
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:30:37 GMT
The JSTL doesn't supporting converting the euro character to the
HTML-safe version (converting it to &euro; as you do in your
workaround).  I don't know if changing any encoding would really help
since I think ultimately you *want* &euro; to be what's sent.

I would suggest you send your issue to the spec to be considered for a
future JSTL version.  For now you'll have to use your workaround.

--
Serge Knystautas
President