From "Sgarlata Matt" <sgarlata_m...@bah.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] <req:isUserInRole> upgrade
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:35:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm submitting this idea correctly and/or to the correct
list, but I have an idea on how to improve on the <req:isUserInRole>
tag.  To make a long story short, I think the user should be able to
specify a comma-separated list of roles instead of a single role like this:

<req:isUserInRole role="role1,admin">
   The remote user is in role "role1" or in role "admin".
</req:isUserInRole>
<req:isUserInRole role="role1,admin" value="false">
   The remote user is neither in role "role1" nor in role "admin".
</req:isUserInRole>

There currently really is no clean way to do a check like this.

What does everyone think?  I would be more than happy to provide write
this functionality and submit it to bugzilla if it will actually get
incorporated.

Matt