From "Shah, Shrihas (OFT)" <Shrihas.S...@oft.state.ny.us>
Subject JSTL or html:options issue
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:57:37 GMT
Hi All:

I am unable to use html:options tag or unable to use JSTL in following
scenario. But I can use scriptlets.

Here is the scenario.

I have search.jsp and actionform is SearchForm.java (It's name in
struts-config.xml is 'searchForm')

In search.jsp the code is

-------

if I have following code in search.jsp it does not work either

<c:forEach var="x" items="${searchForm.po}" />

    <c:out value="${x}" />

</c:forEach>

In SearchForm.java the getPo function is as follows.

public HashSet getPo() {

    po = new HashSet();

// And this does return results. If I return array list it does not work
either

    ArrayList al = lu.getAttributes("nyappPODAdminOU");

    po.addAll((Collection)al);

    return po;

}

When I run the search.jsp it gives following error.

Error 500: An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute
"value" with value "${searchForm.po}": Unable to find a value for "po"
in object of class "us.ny.state.oft.da.forms.SearchForm" using operator
"."

Any clue??

If I use scriptlet as below it works fine. (after I use jsp:useBean tag)

<% HashSet hs = searchForm.getPo();

   for ( Iterator i=hs.Iterator(); i.hasNext();)

   {%>

<%   } %>

Thanks in advance.

Shrihas.

Shrihas Shah
NYS Office for Technology
shrihas.shah@oft.state.ny.us
Phone (518) 408-2382
Fax (518) 473-3389
(US Postal Service Regular Mail Address)
State Capitol ESP, PO Box 2062
Albany, NY 12220-0062
(Parcel Post/Overnight and Interagency Mail Address)
Empire State Plaza
Swan St., Core 4, 1st Floor
Albany, NY 12223