From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: <c:url> question
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:48:03 GMT
The next time you hit the page it works though, right? If you're tracking
sessions via cookies, subsequent responses won't need to do URL rewriting. It
actually looks like it's a server bug. Hitting

http://www.sun.com/im/sun_logo.gif;jsessionid=foo

works just fine (SunONE WebServer 6.0), whereas hitting

http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo_wide.gif;jsessionid=foo

results in a 404 (Apache/2.0.48-dev (Unix)). Same here ;-) (Microsoft-IIS/6.0)

http://www.microsoft.com/homepage/gif/bnr-microsoft.gif;jsessionid=foo

You might try something like:

value="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/images/gray.jpg"/>">

Quoting Michael Duffy <duffymo@yahoo.com>:

> I'm following the recommendations laid out by Shawn
> Bayern in "JSTL In Action", but I've run into a snag.
>
> On page 136, Shawn recommends using the <c:url> tag
> for referring to a directory named images in a Web
> application:

> <!-- other HTML stuff in here
>
> When I ask Tomcat to send this page, the background is
> not there.  When I View Source to look at the HTML, I
> see this:

background="/mock-trading-partner/images/gray.jpg;jsessionid=9B0DA55495E2CD9BF40AAD98A4E115D8">

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>