From "Felipe Leme" <t5jtjj...@sneakemail.com>
Subject Re: writing a custom tag that can use EL
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:50:40 GMT
Eric,

> Although this is obviously a valid point, waiting for JSP 2.0 is not
> really a good solution for the present.  Especially if you are someone who

I thinks you misunderstood my posts. I didn't say we should wait for JSP 2.0
to use EL; I just said it will be much easier to develop tags when it is
available. In fact, I already use Jakarta's evaluator in many tags I develop
(and most of them derives from a super-class that already implements many
helpers to evaluate EL).

> Especially if you are someone who
> is programming for a container such a Websphere, meaning that you probably
> won't see JSP 2.0 for over another year.

You are lucky that you can use JSTL there. One of the projects I work on is
stuck in a JSP 1.1 container :-(

Felipe