From "Christopher Stead" <cstea...@hotmail.com>
Subject using <c_rt:out> with scoped variables
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:12:42 GMT
Using nested tags, I am not able to access the value of a scoped variable
set by the parent tag:

<jsp:useBean id="file" scope="application"
class="myPkg.ReadWriteRepositoryFile"/>

  <c_rt:forTokens var="repo_names" items="<%= file.getContents() %>"
delims=";">
        <c_rt:out value="<%= pageContext.getAttribute("repo_names",
                      PageContext.PAGE_SCOPE) %>" default="test"/>
  </c_rt:forTokens>

I've looked at javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.TagLoopSupport and the source
code is definitely setting variable scope, so what am I doing wrong?  I've
also tried using pageContext.findAttribute("repo_names") but that didn't
work.  My default value doesn't display either.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Cheers,
Chris

Compare Cable, DSL or Satellite plans: As low as $29.95.
https://broadband.msn.com