From Billy Bacon <billy.ba...@thirty3.net>
Subject How to get the size of a java.util.List object in EL?
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:19:05 GMT
I need to get the size (as an int) of a java.util.List I have. The following
doesn't work....

<c:out value="Size = ${browseForm.map.colInfoList.size}"/>

It gives me the following exception...

ServletException in:/jsp/browseQueueBody.jsp] An error occurred while
evaluating custom action attribute "value" with value "Size =
${browseForm.map.colInfoList.size}": The "." operator was supplied with an
index value of type "java.lang.String" to be applied to a List or array, but
that value cannot be converted to an integer. (null)'

Does anyone know how I could get the size of the List?

- Billy -