From Frank Börncke ...@applicate.de>
Subject Multiple attributes within an element - Is this a legal thing to do?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:00:15 GMT

Hello,

defining a custom tag "DEFINESET" in a taglib having an
attribute called ELEMENT we want to use this attribute
multiple times as follows:

<x:DEFINESET
   ELEMENT = "x"
   ELEMENT = "y"
   ELEMENT = "z"
/>

Deployed in a Tomcat environment this results in multiple
calls of the setter 'setELEMENT'. This allows us to collect
the elements in e.g. a HashSet.

Is this multiple usage of an attribute a legal thing to do?
Or is an attribute expected to be used only once in an element
context? I did not find any information concerning this topic.

Will this work in other servlet containers too?

Thanks in advance,

Frank Börncke

<applicate>, Hermann-Lingg-Str. 15, D-80336 München
frank.boerncke@applicate.de    -    www.applicate.de
Fon: + 49 (89) 54 47 9 48 2   oder   0700-APPLICATE
Fax: + 49 (89) 54 47 9 48 9