From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: JSTL with Resin 2.1.11 and JDK1.4.2
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:05:11 GMT
Does this still apply:

<http-server>
  <servlet-classloader-hack>true</servlet-classloader-hack>
</http-server>

Quoting Hans Bergsten <hans@gefionsoftware.com>:

> Dennis Warren wrote:
> > yes, there's a tag to disable that in Resin 2.1 but it doesn't seem to
> > resolve my problem.
> >
> > <caucho.com>
> > <http-server>
> >  <jsp fast-jstl='false'/>
> > </http-server>
> > </caucho.com>
> >
> > I keep getting the error message below.  DocumentRange.class is supposed
> > to be xalan.jar which is contained in WEB-INF/lib of the
> > standard-examples web-app.  Is there anything in JDK1.4.2 that is
> > overriding this?
>
> Most likely, Resin doesn't use the XML classes from WEB-INF/lib and
> instead uses the JDK versions, so if the version bundled with JDK 1.4.2
> no longer has this class, you would get this type of error.
>
> Tomcat has an "endorsed" directory for dealing with things like this,
> and I believe Sun's JDK also have a flag for pointing to a directory
> that holds replacements for "extensions" bundled with the JDK (such as
> the XML classes). You may want to see if Resin has something similar,
> or see if you can get it to use the "java" command flag to pick up the
> Xalan version distributed as part of the JSTL implementation.
>
> I hope this helps. Incompatible changes in the XML classes between
> releases combined with class loader schemes is very frustrating ...
>
> Hans

> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/ranges/DocumentRange
> >     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
> >     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)
> >     at
> > java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
> >     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
> >     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
> >     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
> >     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
> >     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
> >     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
> >     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:102)
>

> >     at

org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:88)

> >     at

org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml.TransformSupport.doStartTag(TransformSupport.java:144)

> >     at

org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.xml.TransformTag.doStartTag(TransformTag.java:104)

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>