From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: How to enter \n into tag parameter?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:18:05 GMT
If you're trying to use '\n' as a literal with the EL, I think you're out of
luck. The JSTL 1.0 spec contains the following note from section A.8 Syntax:

A String only recognizes a limited set of escape sequences, and \ may not appear
unescaped. This may eventually be expanded, but once again, this is the minimum.

I think the only explicitly supported characters that can be escaped are ', ",
and \. I believe this is also true for the EL in JSP 2.0/JSTL 1.1.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>