From Matthias Winkler <mawi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Variables for attributes in own tags
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 04:16:55 GMT
Hello,

I have some tags that create X+V form elements (mixed
XHTML and VXML). To name my form elements I want to
use names passed by an application. They are available
inside a bean. (struts application - values passed by
action form)
Along with the name more information is passed on to
the user. When the form is filled out the values of
the fields have to be sent back with the same bean.

If I use <% out.write() %> to write down my tag and
add the information from the bean, my tag will not be
evaluatet.

JSTL uses the ${} syntax to access information from a
bean and use it inside a jsp page.
I would like to do something similar but I do not
know, how to access the information from the bean when
I evaluate my tag.

At the end I would like to be able to do something
like:  <xv:input id=${mybean.name} ... />.

Where can I find information on how jstl handels this
problem?
Maybe there is another, easier solution to this
problem?

Best regards.

Matthias Winkler