From Hans Bergsten <h...@gefionsoftware.com>
Subject Re: JSTL with Resin 2.1.11 and JDK1.4.2
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:29:05 GMT
Dennis Warren wrote:
> yes, there's a tag to disable that in Resin 2.1 but it doesn't seem to
> resolve my problem.
>
> <caucho.com>
> <http-server>
>  <jsp fast-jstl='false'/>
> </http-server>
> </caucho.com>
>
> I keep getting the error message below.  DocumentRange.class is supposed
> to be xalan.jar which is contained in WEB-INF/lib of the
> standard-examples web-app.  Is there anything in JDK1.4.2 that is
> overriding this?

Most likely, Resin doesn't use the XML classes from WEB-INF/lib and
instead uses the JDK versions, so if the version bundled with JDK 1.4.2
no longer has this class, you would get this type of error.

Tomcat has an "endorsed" directory for dealing with things like this,
and I believe Sun's JDK also have a flag for pointing to a directory
that holds replacements for "extensions" bundled with the JDK (such as
the XML classes). You may want to see if Resin has something similar,
or see if you can get it to use the "java" command flag to pick up the
Xalan version distributed as part of the JSTL implementation.

I hope this helps. Incompatible changes in the XML classes between
releases combined with class loader schemes is very frustrating ...

Hans

--
Hans Bergsten                                <hans@gefionsoftware.com>
Gefion Software                       <http://www.gefionsoftware.com/>