From Tridev Kodamasingh <Tridev.Kodamasi...@cramer.com>
Subject RE: jstl xpath
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:45:34 GMT
Thanks Kris for the info.

I did not find any places in apache site/sun site, where it specifies this
dependecies on jaxen-full.jar.
U are right in saying that, we can have another implementation of JSTL,
which can use other xpath engine.

What I am wondering is that "how come Apache has so much dependancies on
third party libraries ? and they don't specify these dependecies in their
site.

Tridev

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:kris@dotech.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:32 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: jstl xpath

Pretty the Jakarta Standard taglib, a JSTL implementation, uses Jaxen for
its
XPath engine. All the JAR files you need are distributed with the taglib:

jaxen-full.jar
jstl.jar
saxpath.jar
standard.jar

Not sure where dom4j came from. Of course, there's nothing that really
prevents
another JSTL implementation from using a different XPath engine...

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>