From Dima Gutzeit <d...@mailvision.net>
Subject Re: Output encoding of JSP pages
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:25:51 GMT
This way I can see only "????" as the output although the .properties files
is "encoded" with correct Java unicode characters.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Cooper" <martinc@apache.org>
To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: Output encoding of JSP pages

> I would recommend that you always specify UTF-8 within the page directive
> on each page. Your properties files *must* be created with native2ascii if
> they're not in iso-8859-1, because that's just the way Java properties
> files work.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Dima Gutzeit wrote:
>
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > I am using JSTL taglirary (FTM) to localize my jsp pages. When the
context of the pages is not and english charset , for example russian, then
the page does not comes in correct encoding , and I have to change it
manually in the browser. The output of JSP pages is always UTF-8 and does
not matter what locale I set in fmt:setLocale .

> > This happens when the bundle files are created in local encoding.
> >

> > When I use native2ascii to create files from UTF8 format then I see only
"?????" in the output files , but the most instresting part is that the
first page of my application comes just fine and in correct language.