From Dima Gutzeit <d...@mailvision.net>
Subject Re: Output encoding of JSP pages
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:21:19 GMT
I do not set the charset specifically. As I understand the charset should be
set by the FMT library according to the locale but it does not happen.
Whatever I do , the charset of the output pages is UTF8.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vernon Smith" <vwu98034@lycos.com>
To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: Output encoding of JSP pages

> Although it is very hard to understand your description, I guess your
problem is that non English text doesn't display in a JSP file correctly.
What is the character set setting in the JSP?

> --

context of the pages is not and english charset , for example russian, then
the page does not comes in correct encoding , and I have to change it
manually in the browser. The output of JSP pages is always UTF-8 and does
not matter what locale I set in fmt:setLocale .

> >This happens when the bundle files are created in local encoding.
> >

> >When I use native2ascii to create files from UTF8 format then I see only
"?????" in the output files , but the most instresting part is that the
first page of my application comes just fine and in correct language.