From "Dima Gutzeit" <d...@mailvision.net>
Subject Re: Output encoding of JSP pages
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 07:08:59 GMT
I've continued to investigate this issue and a very instresting issue came
up .

When I try to access single JSP pages then everything works fine and I can
see the fmt:message in the desired language, but when I try to access , pay
attenetion ... , some JSP page that has c:import of some other page , does
not matter what page , then all fmt:message are see as "?????" (We are
talking about non-english fonts). To sharpen that point , access of those
pages from import , separately , works ok as well.

Please, can someone comment on that ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vernon Smith" <vwu98034@lycos.com>
To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: Output encoding of JSP pages

> Although it is very hard to understand your description, I guess your
problem is that non English text doesn't display in a JSP file correctly.
What is the character set setting in the JSP?

> --

context of the pages is not and english charset , for example russian, then
the page does not comes in correct encoding , and I have to change it
manually in the browser. The output of JSP pages is always UTF-8 and does
not matter what locale I set in fmt:setLocale .

> >This happens when the bundle files are created in local encoding.
> >

> >When I use native2ascii to create files from UTF8 format then I see only
"?????" in the output files , but the most instresting part is that the
first page of my application comes just fine and in correct language.