From "Dima Gutzeit" <d...@mailvision.net>
Subject Output encoding of JSP pages
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:17:03 GMT
Dear list members,

I am using JSTL taglirary (FTM) to localize my jsp pages. When the context of the pages is
not and english charset , for example russian, then the page does not comes in correct encoding
, and I have to change it manually in the browser. The output of JSP pages is always UTF-8
and does not matter what locale I set in fmt:setLocale .

This happens when the bundle files are created in local encoding.

When I use native2ascii to create files from UTF8 format then I see only "?????" in the output
files , but the most instresting part is that the first page of my application comes just
fine and in correct language.

Can someone help with that ?

Regards ,
Dima Gutzeit.