From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject RE: taglibs i/o or jstl core library
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:18:32 GMT
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Chris Daly wrote:

> yes.  i have an application with an include header.jsp file, and its using
> the <c:redirect/> tag to go to the remote site then nothing happens in
> terms of header.jsp tag, this is missing from the browser page and appears
> to return nothing.

That's not surprising. The redirect goes back to the browser, which will
then request that page directly. Any output from the original request will
be discarded, and replaced by the response from the redirected-to URL.

> in terms of the <c:import> tag it works ok if the url is simply entered
> into teh browser but if teh url is in an include tag then any relative
> image references are not to the imported url (which would be ok), but to
> the header include it seems.

Is the page you're trying to include plain HTML, or is it also a JSP page?
I'm wondering if there's something going on in a JSP page related to the
original request URL that might be confusing things.

--
Martin Cooper