From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Q]i18n
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:27:00 GMT
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Jean Charles Jabouille wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a struts application and i use jtsl taglibs. In order to
> internationalise my webpage, i use the "taglibs-i18n" taglib. I make my
> file correctly like
> -ApplicationResources.properties
> -ApplicationResources_fr.properties

Just curious - since you're using Struts and JSTL already, both of which
include their own means of internationalizing your pages, is there a
reason you're introducing a third way of doing this in you app?

> I'd like to know how i18n choose the appropriate language between the
> browther language and the locale(java).

If you use the Struts i18n capabilities, Struts will do this for you by
default, setting up the locale based on what it receives from the browser.

--
Martin Cooper