From Chris Daly <C.d...@cancer.org.uk>
Subject RE: taglibs i/o or jstl core library
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:25:08 GMT
when i tested the <c:import> tag on my machine, it didn't work when pulled
in the include page.  i also tested it on the jsp page itself (not from the
include page) and still got the same problem.

this was on a unix sever so i then tested it on my local server (on a test
app on win2000 pro), and still the images were broken.  i cant figure it
out because if i simply enter the url into my browser then it comes back
with relative images etc no problem ???

i think the page is an html page created from a content managment
system.  its url (not the real one) is

http://intranet.company.co.uk/sites/topnav/topnavheader?view=Administration
so its creating html on the fly

there is a section in the jstl documentation (section 7-64) that states

"some absolute URL resources may be incaccessible when using
<c:import>.  To provide access the JVM of the container should be started
with the proper networking properties, eg proxyHost and proxyPort"

i've tested on both apps local windows and unix server though they're both
running as stand alone tomcat 4.1 - do you know how i set the proxyhost and
proxyPort in the jvm ?  (so that i can tell the network people as they wont
buy it otherwise - they operate an invisible proxy server and claim that it
wont be this )

cheers

chris