From "Vernon Smith" <vwu98...@lycos.com>
Subject Re: Output encoding of JSP pages
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 19:09:05 GMT
Although it is very hard to understand your description, I guess your problem is that non English
text doesn't display in a JSP file correctly. What is the character set setting in the JSP?

--

--------- Original Message ---------

DATE: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:17:03
From: "Dima Gutzeit" <dima@mailvision.net>
To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>

>Dear list members,
>
>I am using JSTL taglirary (FTM) to localize my jsp pages. When the context of the pages
is not and english charset , for example russian, then the page does not comes in correct
encoding , and I have to change it manually in the browser. The output of JSP pages is always
UTF-8 and does not matter what locale I set in fmt:setLocale .

>This happens when the bundle files are created in local encoding.
>

>When I use native2ascii to create files from UTF8 format then I see only "?????" in the
output files , but the most instresting part is that the first page of my application comes
just fine and in correct language.