From "George Hester" <hesterl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: taglib standard 1.0 in Tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:23:46 GMT
OK I will have to try your second suggestion because the first which is what I did first results
in the same error.  So are you saying in web.xml instead of:

  <taglib>
     <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

I do this:

  <taglib>
     <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF>
  </taglib>

fot the tlds are in WEB-INF???  Thanks.

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"Dima Gutzeit" <dima@mailvision.net> wrote in message news:017a01c3fc31$e314bcd0$1400a8c0@dima...
1. You can put all the JAR files of standard library to the WEB-INF/lib directory, without
specifying a thing in web.xml. Tomcat searches for .tld files in his classpath (and those
tlds are encapsulated in standard.jar) , so it should be enough.

2. You can put your tld files in some directory in classpath , lets say WEB-INF/classes or
WEB-INF/lib and specify that location in web.xml.

Hope it helps.

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1k2ah$5s0$1@sea.gmane.org...
I put all the jars in the standard 1.0 package in \WEB-INF\lib.  That didn't work.  So I put
all the tlds in \WEB-INF.  That didn't work either.

My error is this:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core) cannot
be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

And my jsp is this:

<%@taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Final//EN">
<head>
<title>Counter Page</title>
</head>
<%-- Increment Counters --%>
<c:set var="sessionCounter" scope="session" value="${sessionCounter + 1}"/>
<c:set var="applCounter" scope="application" value="${applCounter + 1}"/>
<h1>Counter page</h1><p>

In my Web.xml I have this:

  <taglib>
     <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

Nothing helps.

Any suggestions?

--