From "George Hester" <hesterl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: taglib standard 1.0 in Tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:34:50 GMT
My web.xml:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
  <display-name>Welcome to My JSP-Files</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to My JSPs
  </description>

</web-app>

that's it.  I have taken out the taglib element for now.

I will need to "clutter" the web.xml with taglib elements for you say that is what is necessary
for taglib standard1.0 which is what I am using.  I have Tomcat 4.1.29 and my understanding
is that I cannot use any other standard typelib package with my version of Tomcat.

Well your suggestion is number 2 on the ToTry list.  I'll just remove the reference in the
jsp???

--
George Hester
> You're declaring the uri for your prefix as
> http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core, and you have your taglib-uri in
> web.xml as http://java.sun.com/jstl/core
>
> The former is for JSTL 1.1 ( jsp/jstl ) and the latter is for JSTL 1.0
> (jstl), so you should change your page references.
>
> And, like Dima pointed out, you really don't need to be cluttering up
> your web.xml with <taglib*/> tags...
>
> hth,
> -a
>
> George Hester wrote:
>
> >I put all the jars in the standard 1.0 package in \WEB-INF\lib.  That didn't work.
 So I put all the tlds in \WEB-INF.  That didn't work either.

> >My error is this:
> >
> >org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core)
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application