From "Barnett, Brian W." <bbarn...@scholarinc.com>
Subject RE: *regular* jsp vs. *xml document* jsp question
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 20:05:57 GMT
Hmm. Don't have <jsp-property-group> element in web.xml. Don't have .jspx
extension. Don't have <jsp:root> in jsp page.  Using Servlet 2.3 web.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>

</web-app>

Looks like my web.xml is defined differently than you suggest. Is there a
problem with this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:kris@dotech.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 1:56 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: RE: *regular* jsp vs. *xml document* jsp question

For JSP 2.0, a JSP document is identified in one of the following ways:

The existence in web.xml of a <jsp-property-group> element with an <is-xml>
subelement set to "true".

The file has a .jspx extension.

The top element of the file is <jsp:root>.

Are you using a Servlet 2.4 web.xml:

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
         version="2.4">
</web-app>