From Helios Alonso <halo...@atg.com.uy>
Subject Re: using JSTL with Sun ONE App Server 7
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 12:11:15 GMT
I was experimenting with something similar.

Ensure you have a taglib entry in your web.xml file that asociate the URI
(http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) with a tag library description file
/WEB-INF/c.tld.  This file should be there ;-) and referencing the classes
that implements the tags.  The entry in web.xml ensures that the compiler
find the tld for the URI; and the tld ensures the compiler find the
implementation for the tags.

I don't know if other versions of taglibraries don't need to have this file
apart from the tag library jar.  But it works this way.  Ensure the jar and
the c.tld are version 1.0.

Good luck!

PD: nobody needs to connect to java.sun.com.  URI is only an
indentification (I think it stands for unique resource identification), not
a real location (URL).