From Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
Subject Re: whitespace inside <c:choose> but outside <c:when> inserted in to output
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 20:17:40 GMT
Morrow, Steve D. wrote:

> No; they offer different functionality, so I wouldn't have expected them to
> behave the same. The <c:url> tag is not intended to output its body content.
>
> In looking at the JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library docs I have for 1.0,
> it states the following:
>
> <c:if> - the JSP container processes the body content and then writes it
>
> <c:url> - The JPS container processes the body content, then the action
> trims it and processes it further

Note that I am not talking about the body content of <c:if>, <c:when> or
<c:otherwise>.

I am talking about <c:choose>.

In the body content of <c:choose> only <c:when> or <c:otherwise> are
allowed, entering (non-whitespace) text just makes no sense (only as the
body content of the allowed entities).

To make things more clear, I am not talking about stripping whitespace
from a construct like

<c:if...>
	hello world
</c:if>