From Leonard Sitongia <siton...@ucar.edu>
Subject formatDate sometimes doesn't render right
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:02:55 GMT
Hi,

The format taglib formatDate tag sometimes doesn't return the formatted
date.

My JSP has a fragment that looks like this:

<cache:cache key="NewsPressReleases" cron="0 * * * *">
	<fmt:formatDate value="${release}" pattern="MMM dd, yyyy"/>
</cache:cache>

(The cache tag library is from OpenSymphony.)

Most of the time, the page will show a date like Jun 11, 2004.
Sometimes it will show the raw date format, like "2004-06-23
08:00:00.0".  Sometimes it returns the date with the month in lower
case, like "jun" instead of "Jun".

There are no error messages reported.

The cache tag is probably merely be capturing what some other problem
is rendering, that the execution of the JSTL fmt command periodically
fails and returns the raw date.  But, I thought I'd include that
context.

Has anyone seen this before?  I don't see reports of this in the
archive for this list.  Anyone have suggestions for how I should
proceed?

Environment:
Sun Solaris 9
SunCluster