From Bart_Thomp...@DSTInnovis.com
Subject RE: New to tag libs - sax driver not specified??
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:33:42 GMT
Thanks to everyone for your patience..
After reviewing the env with a partner here, we determined that I was
mixing versions.
I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled the SE SDK 1_4_2_04, and
the jwsdp 1_3 and it all seems to work (example wise). I think that I
had grasped at so many straws and installed some odd versions that it
was a wonder anything ran.

One thing of interest though:
After installing the SDK onto my win2003 server box (which I cleaned up
first), the jwsdp refused to install. It would start up the console
window and say it was scanning for the run time, etc. but the installer
window would never open. I assume from this behavior that this combo
will not run on 2003 server. Can this be confirmed.?
At this point I have backed-off to using my XP Pro system as a dev box
for this project. So at least I can get some work done..

-----Original Message-----
From: Justyna.Horwat@Sun.COM [mailto:Justyna.Horwat@Sun.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:45 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: New to tag libs - sax driver not specified??

Hi Bart,

What is the J2SE version that you are using on Windows?

The JSTL release comes with a pre-packaged examples war file that you
can drop into your Tomcat webapps directory. It is called
"standard-examples.war". You don't need to do any custom packaging for
the examples.

Sounds like you've made many modifications to your environment. I would
try downloading the 3 pieces that I mentioned and trying that setup out.

It might be easier to do that than making further modifications on your
current setup.

I don't know what's going on in your environment exactly, but if you
want to specifically address the exception that you are getting you can
look at the following site:

http://bobcat.webappcabaret.net/javachina/faq/xml_java_01.htm#jaxp_ps_Q1
4

Thanks,