From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: Sandbox iterators forColumn tag does not accept expression
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:46:35 GMT
As far as I can tell, the Iterators taglib is really just targeted at JSP 1.2.
What I think you're seeing is the result of the tags using
"<rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>" for their attributes in the taglib's TLD
file. This is required under JSP 1.2 to use the JSTL EL for attribute values
because the taglib evaluates the expression, not the container. Under JSP 2.0,
however, EL evaluation is handled by the container. So, if you want to use the
EL for attribute values under JSP 2.0, the attributes need to use
"<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>" in the taglib's TLD file. If you don't mind
giving up Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 functionality, you can use a Servlet 2.3
web.xml file for your app with Tomcat 5.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>