From Felipe Leme <jakartalis...@felipeal.net>
Subject Re: maven repository
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:38:01 GMT
On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 10:30, mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu wrote:

> Yes, but, you should do all your work to setup the directory structure in a
> staging area like your home directory before placing anything into these

Done:

http://apache.org/~felipeal/maven_repo/

> directories. Have someone else whose done the process review everything prior
> to moving it into the repository.

Could you please take a quick look on that directory? I will also ask on
the maven-dev list...

> I don't believe that removing something from java-repository actually removes
> it from ibiblio because of the rsync process. Yes, you should leave whatever
> is on ibiblio there at this time.

Ok, I will leave it there (although I don't like redundant stuff)

> SNAPSHOT is different than unofficial release, SNAPSHOT referes to a link to
> the most recent release. an unofficial release is one that has the date as a
> version number, thus there can be SNAPSHOTS that point to official releases in
> the repository.

I thought a SNAPSHOT always pointed to the latest unofficial release (in
fact, Maven lacks the concept of CURRENT, which would be a link to the
last official release).

Anyway, we can pass on the SNAPSHOT concept, as the taglibs are not
released that often.

> Cheers, I'll be around next week if you need help, but I don't suspect I'll
> have time to respond the rest of this week.

Hopefully you can still check that repo this week :-)

Thanks again for helping it out,

Felipe