From "Paride Perazzolo" <tremaln...@despammed.com>
Subject Re: [despammed] Re: Using struts-nested tags
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:34:33 GMT

> 1) The bean is placed in the page as part of an action form and exists
> because it is declared in the associated action. UseBean is not
> normally  used to create struts FormBeans.

I repeat here what wrote to the user mailing list:

ok, now I understand what you mean. I should never access session beans in
my jsp, but being aware of the 1-1 relationship between the page form and
the one which I defined in the struts-config.xml
So I'm going to update the form beans (using objects like containers and
navigators in session) in the related actions before passing control to
JSPs and/or after submitting the form.
I think this is the correct procedure to use.

thanks for your help

--
Paride Perazzolo
tremalnaik@despammed.com