From "Rinnert, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.rinn...@hbm.com>
Subject Using JSTL, newbie question: context
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 08:43:47 GMT
Hi,
as a training step, I want to convert the sample application by Paul Wood,
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/01/08/tomcat4.html

so that JSTL is used in place of the scriptlet code inserted
in the JSP of this webapp.

I have changed "ContextListener.java" to call AddressesDB.getAddresses
which creates the "addresses" ArrayList from Home.jsp;
now I do not know how to insert this into the proper pageContext, so that
it is available to the "forEach" tag within Home.jsp.

Probably the scope has to be pageContext, because every time the Home.jsp
is presented, the list of addresses may have been altered.
For the same reason, an updated "addresses" ArrayList will have to be
created within Home.jsp.

I do not understand how to accomplish this.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Wolfgang Rinnert
HBM O-A, SAP Basis
tel +49(6151)803-722