From "Karl Coleman" <kcole...@commercebenefitsgroup.com>
Subject RE: HTML Form Element Value into JSTL
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:54:19 GMT
Cool. Thanks. My next question was going to be how to do it with JavaScript.

What I'm asking would easily be done by just throwing the value onto the request object. What
I am doing is opening a child window using window.open in JavaScript. Based on a value on
the parent window I want to block the display of some table rows using <c:if>. I want
to access the value using "opener" but was trying to figure out how to use that in a <c:if>.
I then thought I could populate a hidden input with that value and access that field from
<c:if> but couldn't figure out how to do that either. For some reason I wanted to avoid
passing the value in the request, but that is probably what I'll have to do.

Thanks,
Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:kris@dotech.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:46 AM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: Re: HTML Form Element Value into JSTL

If I understand what you're asking, no, you can't do that with JSTL. Remember,
it's a server-side technology so it's really only "alive" during an actual
request. Depending on what you want to do, JavaScript would probably be your
best bet. Of course, you can use JSTL to *generate* JavaScript...

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>