From "Karl Coleman" <kcole...@commercebenefitsgroup.com>
Subject SQL tag not working
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:28:24 GMT
This is killing me why this doesn't work. This is populating a SELECT. I have the exact same
setup in another application. The only major difference is this use mysql, the one that works
uses SQL Server 2000. Table name and columns are different too, but the point is the same
thing; fill a SELECT with values.

The query appears to return nothing. I get a select with just a comma (",") in it.

<sql:setDataSource
	driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
	url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/FABL"
	user=""
	password="" />
<sql:query var="result">
	SELECT ID, FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME FROM CUSTOMERS ORDER BY LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME
</sql:query>
<select size="10" name="custid" size="1">
  <c:forEach items="${result.rows}" var="row">
     <option value="${row.id}">${row.lastname}, ${row.firstname}</option>
  </c:forEach>
</select>

Thanks,
Karl