From "Keith" <pdra...@pdragon.net>
Subject Display Taglib & Dates
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:17:58 GMT
I just got the Display taglib to try and make some of my job a little easier. Things
seemed to be going good til I ran across the problem of a date field. I'm pulling from an
Oracle database, so the following query:

<sql:query var="projects">
	SELECT a.project_id,
		a.project_name,
		a.kickoff_date
	FROM project_main a
	ORDER BY project_id DESC
</sql:query>

returns something like this:

10016
Project1234
2004-07-15 00:00:00.0

I'd like to format the date field to look like this: 15-Jul-2004
Before, I just used the <fmt:formatDate> tag, but I'm at a loss for how to use it in
conjuction with the display taglib. I tried using the TO_CHAR function in the database
query to format my date beforehand, but then it doesn't return any date information at
all. Any help?

Keith