From Jeff Ousley <jous...@gmail.com>
Subject jstl not working when i use a web.xml file
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:58:43 GMT
Hello!

1st of all, b gentle w/ me...i'm just getting into this stuff. i'm
trying to use jstl stuff in a webapp on jakarta 5.0.27. i created my
directory in webapps and placed the two .jar files in the WEB-INF/lib
directory. from there, i just copied the SimpleRange.jsp file from the
examples into my webapps directory. i then stop and restart jakarta
and run the page. it works great! i get this returned:

Simple Range Iteration
1 to 10

however, if i create any sort of web.xml file inside WEB-INF for my
webapp (at least the variations i tried), the page does not work
properly. i created a very simple empty web.xml file like this:

<web-app>

</web-app>

anyway, with a web.xml file present, i get the following when trying
to run the page (after starting and stopping):

Simple Range Iteration
1 to 10

what in the world am i doing wrong? also (unrelated) how do i force a
recompile of my pages?

thanks!