From "Fanguang Meng" <m...@usgs.gov>
Subject Re: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:29:19 GMT

Thanks very much.

I will do that.

Fanguang Meng

                      Justyna Horwat

                      <Justyna.Horwat@S        To:       Tag Libraries Users List <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      un.COM>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
This absolute uri
                      08/04/2004 12:50          (http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be
resolved in either web.xml or the jar files
                      PM                        deployed with this application

                      Please respond to

                      "Tag Libraries

                      Users List"

Hi Fanguang,

It looks like some modification that the Landover developers made broke
the way the container handles TLD's.

I would tell the developers from Landover the problems that you are
running into and give them the standard-examples.war file. Ask them to
make sure that this file deploys and the examples can be run
successfully in their modified container.

Tomcat 4.x has a minimum requirement of JDK 1.2 so you should be ok with
using that JDK. You have tested this out already when you successfuly
deployed the JSTL examples in your local copy of the Tomcat 4.1.30
container.

Thanks,

Justyna

Fanguang Meng wrote:

> Justyna:
>
> The Tomcat 4.1.24 we got here is a package that was delivered to us and
all
> sites to keep us similar.  In a way it came from Apache, but the
developers
> from Landover got it first, made their modifications and configuration
and
> then delivered to us.
>
> I have to work within our baseline constraints on this one, sorry about
> that.
>
> I downloaded the Tomcat 4.1.30 to PC and tried that standard-examples and
> works fine.
>
> What do you think? Maybe some configuration of Tomcat didn't work?
>
> We are using java version "1.2.2"
> Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_10, native threads, sunwjit)
> Does this matter?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Fanguang Meng
>

>                       Justyna Horwat

>                       <Justyna.Horwat@S        To:       Tag Libraries
Users List <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       un.COM>                  cc:

>                                                Subject:  Re:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri