From "Fanguang Meng" <m...@usgs.gov>
Subject org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:48:46 GMT

I have a project working well on PC JWSDP1.3, when I copied everything to
UNIX, I got the following problem.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri(
http://java.sun.com/jstl/core)
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this
application

I checked web.xml
  <taglib>
     <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
     <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
is there.

c.tld is under WEB-INF
standard.jar and jstl.jar are under /WEB-INF/lib

Tomcat version is 4.2.24 and JSTL version is 1.0.

I also checked the c.tld in standard.jar file, it seems consistent.

Everything looks just fine, I just don't know why.

The problem happened because I have a line in a .jsp file
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
%>
If I get rid of this line, it works but the <c:>tags.

I searched through google.com and found lots of similar problems, but
there solutions did not work for me.

Is there anybody can help?

Thanks.

Fanguang Meng