From Bill Siggelkow <bills...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Using Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALE, locale);
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:48:15 GMT
I have created a Struts action similar to one suggested by Kris
Schneider to change the current locale for both Struts and JSTL.

In the action after creating a locale based on user input I make the
following two calls:

	// reset the Struts locale
         session.setAttribute(Globals.LOCALE_KEY, locale);

         // reset the JSTL locale
         Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALE, locale);

I then redirect to the page where I display some text based on the locale.

The Struts bean:message works perfectly - however, the JSTL fmt:message
does not work -- by the way, I do have the LocalizationContext pointing
to my ApplicationResources through the web.xml context-param.

Interestingly enough, if I do use <fmt:setLocale locale="ru"/> on the
before the <fmt:message key="foo"/> it works!

Does anyone have any ideas on why the Config.set(...) is not working?

Bill Siggelkow