From Bernhard Slominski <bernhard.slomin...@zooplus.com>
Subject JSTL with Simple Tag API
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:14:35 GMT
Hi,

I want to create a set of two taglibs for a Navigation Box with the Simple
Tag API and for my magivation items I need to know  the parent item.
The problem is if I have a JSTL tag inbetween my Simple tags then I cannot
get any more to MY next parent.

Example:
<zplib:navigationBox title="Title">
        <zplib:navigationItem name="Item1"/>
        <c:if test="true">
            <zplib:navigationItem name="Item2"/>
        </c:if>
        <zplib:navigationItem name="Item3">
            <zplib:navigationItem name="Item4"/>
        </zplib:navigationItem>
</zplib:navigationBox>

>From "Item 2" I cannot get to the "navigationBox" Simple Tag, because a
classic one (JSTL c:if) is inbetween.
So as soon as you're using JSTL you're lost, and that's really bad, so I
have to go back to the Classic Tag API, which I don't want to do.

So my question: Are there plans to implement the JSTL 1.1. with the Simple
Tag API? Does it already exist?

Thanks

Bernhard