From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: DataSource web.xml question
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:03:30 GMT
Try an <env-entry> instead of a <context-param>:

<env-entry>
   <env-entry-name>dataSource</env-entry-name>
   <env-entry-value>jdbc/RestaurantDS</env-entry-value>
   <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
</env-entry>

String envBase = "java:comp/env/";
Context ctx = new InitialContext();
String dataSourceName = (String)ctx.lookup(envBase + "dataSource");
DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup(envBase + dataSourceName);

That way you don't need access to a ServletContext instance.

--
Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>