From Michael Arnold <michael.arn...@sisag.ch>
Subject Re: mailer taglib authentification
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:24:40 GMT

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Michael Arnold wrote:
>
>> The hole authentification doesn't work. I have no outgoing mail
>> traffic. I don't know how to find the problem. Can I start in a debug
>> mode? I get no error message.
>

> <c:catch var="oops">
>  <mt:mail
>      ...<snip/>
>  </mt:mail>
> </c:catch>
> <c:if test="${not empty oops}">
>     ${oops}
> </c:if>
>
> That, and looking at your SMTP server's /var/log/maillog should do
> it. And if *that* doesn't show the problem, try Ethereal. :-)

It was working in the meantime. Today I restarted tomcat and have now
again the same problem. The log entry is:

2005-02-16 10:18:35 StandardContext[/mailer-ex]Could not send the e-mail
sent to michael.arnold@sisag.ch:  Could not connect to SMTP host:
localhost, port: 25, response: -1

But I don't want to send it to localhost. For that I add the following
part to server.xml

       <Resource name="sismedia" type="javax.mail.Session"/>
       <ResourceParams name="sismedia">
          <parameter>
             <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
             <value>my.smtpserver.ch</value>
          </parameter>
       </ResourceParams>

What's going wrong with my configuration.

Thanks for any help

Michael

--
Michael Arnold

SISAG
Seilbahnen und industr.
Sicherheitstechnik              Tel.: +41 41 875 07 11
Postfach                        Fax.: +41 41 875 07 12
CH - 6460 Altdorf               http://www.sisag.ch/sismedia
Switzerland                     mailto:michael.arnold@sisag.ch