From "Aaron Hackney" <aa...@aaronhackney.com>
Subject Help with session tags
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:03:47 GMT
Hello. I am trying to use the session Tag library. I have some confusion
as it it's workings....

<sess:isNew>
  This session is new.
</sess:isNew>
<sess:isNew value="false">
  This session is not new.
</sess:isNew>

Works fine. First time I call the page it says "This session is new." If I
reload the page it says "This session is not new."

When I try this:
<sess:isNew>
  This session is new.
</sess:isNew>
<sess:isNew value="false">
  <sess:invalidate/>
</sess:isNew>

First time I call the page, all is well. The second time I call the page I
get a run time exception: Session is already invalidated.

Can anyone help me see what is wrong with my logic here? I am assuming
that if the session is not new then it is an existing session that I would
like to have invalidated. (This is a login page of my application and I'm
trying to remove my scriptlets....)

Thanks in advance.
-Aaron