From "Dino Klein" <zag...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Using JSTL 1.1.2 with Tomcat 5.5 & J2SE 5.0
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:44:38 GMT
> This is not a JSTL issue, marked OT. In XML views of JSPs, the included
> file is expanded in place. And jasper2 isn't happy because there are more
> than one jsp:root elements in the XML view of main.jspx. In your case, I
> don't see any need for either of the two jsp:root elements (unless you
> simplified before posting, and you have a legitimate need). Remove
> either,
> or both, and you should be fine.

I've created the two files for testing purpose (after having probs.), and
the exception I was talking about is thrown by those two files. However,
I'd like to reiterate the fact that removing the xml:c="...." declaration,
gets rid of the problem, and the inclusion goes ahead; can't it be somehow
related to the JTLS's TagLibraryValidator?

I did some primitive debugging, and all I could find out is that if I use
xmlns:fn="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/functions", then I have no
problems; I checked the TLDs, and I noticed that it does not include a
validator like the rest (c, sql, fmt, x - all do, and cause problems).

> I think you've raised an interesting question. It seems jasper2 will not
> allow includes in the scenarios that result in more than one jsp:root
> elements in the expanded view. Please check if the spec says anything
> about this. If not, I would:
> 1) Ask for clarification on jsp spec public (unless Mark or Pierre listen
> to this list, and answer)
> 2) Post on tomcat-user, wait for feedback (follow with a bug report,
> depending on feedback)

 From what I read in JSP.1.10.5, same-syntax inclusion, and mixed-syntax
inclusions are allowed. I'll definitely pursue this, but I'd like to get
your response for my comments above.

Thanks.