From Dylan MacDonald <dylan...@yahoo.com>
Subject c:import and context attribute
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:41:46 GMT
Can someone explain the context attribute in the c:import tag?

I'm working in a development environment that differs from the
production environment in that the root of the server isn't "/", it's
"/www" (the production root is obviously "/").

Needless to say this makes it difficult to code anything with
root-relative (e.g. "/images/logo.gif") links.  I can probably work
around some of this but I thought I might be able to solve some of my
issues with my jsp includes using the context attribute.  But I cannot
get it to work.

I assumed I would change my c:import tag from this

<c:import url="includes/footer.jsp" />

to this:

<c:import url="/includes/footer.jsp" context="/www" />

but that doesn't work.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dylan MacDonald