From Oded Arbel <o...@m-wise.com>
Subject Inquiry about jsp:scriptlets and custom tags
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:30:15 GMT

Hi list.

I'm having some issues with a jspx page I'm writing.
I wont to have a jsp:scriptlet in the page but wrap it in a custom tag
that do some stuff for the jsp:scriptlet. Specifically I want to be
able to decide whether the scriptlet runs or not.

I wrote a tag with BodyTagSupport and implemented doStartTag(), and
wrote something like this in the page:
<custom:mytag>
	<jsp:scriptlet>
		// Do java stuff
	</jsp:scriptlet>
</custom:mytag>

but apparently the jsp:scriptlet is being run before mytag.doStartTag()
is called and - I believe - before mytag is even initiated !

Can you please explain what is wrong with my approach ?

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9611212 (204)
+972-54-7340014

::..
The difference between a bad student and a good student is that a bad
student forgets all the material five minutes before the exam, while a
good student five minutes after it.
	-- Hugo Krawczyk