From Don Albertson <Don.Albert...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: help!! why UNION of multiple tables is not working
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:35:42 GMT
missterie@gmail.com wrote:
> Yes..I have.
> I mean for example, when you do a simple query like this
> Select 1,2,3 UNION Select 4,5,6, it should display all rows for all
> select statements but it only displays 3,6.
>  I thought a UNION could be used for multiple tables with unrelated
> data, as long as am selecting the same fields or number of fields?

What happens if you replace the sql tags with scriptlet code that
creates a Connection, a Statement, executes the query text and returns the
ResultSet?  Does that returned ResultSet contain what you expect?

> On 7/12/05, McCormack, Chris <Chris.McCormack@littlewoods.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Have you checked the row coming back from t2 exists in t1 also ? That would explain
only one row being returned.

recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail from your system. You must take no action based on this, nor must you copy
or disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions
contained in this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Group Limited or
its subsidiaries. Please note that e-mail communications may be monitored. The Registered
Office of Littlewoods Group Limited and its subsidiaries is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool,
L70 1AB. Registered number of Littlewoods Group Limited is 5059352.

>>This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl - www.blackspider.com

In the elder days of art
Builders wrought with greatest care
Each minute and unseen part