From "McCormack, Chris" <Chris.McCorm...@littlewoods.co.uk>
Subject RE: help!! why UNION of multiple tables is not working
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:32:36 GMT
Have you checked the row coming back from t2 exists in t1 also ? That would explain only one
row being returned.

-----Original Message-----
From: missterie@gmail.com [mailto:missterie@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 July 2005 15:30
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: help!! why UNION of multiple tables is not working

I have Tomcat 5.0, Servlet 2.4, jstl and standard taglibs 1.1.
And all the required dependencies.
I want to get a UNION of multiple tables

so like
    <sql:query dataSource="" var="row">
SELECT name, user, addr from t1
UNION
SELECT name, user, addr from t2

</sql:query>

However, the UNION of  multiple tables does not bring forth the right
result. It displays the last table fields. In this case, only
field in t2.
Is this a jstl and standard taglin issue or does this
have to do with the fact that I have mysql version 3.23?

I am still trying to understand how these taglibs work.

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above named recipient
only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail from your system. You must take no action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose
it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained
in this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods Group Limited or its subsidiaries.
Please note that e-mail communications may be monitored. The Registered Office of Littlewoods
Group Limited and its subsidiaries is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered
number of Littlewoods Group Limited is 5059352.