From Rahul P Akolkar <akol...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: URL for String TagLib source code
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:33:23 GMT
Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote on 07/15/2005 01:29:09 PM:
> On 7/15/05, Robert Taylor <64rwtaylor05@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Thanks Martin, but at the risk of sounding ignorant.
> >
> > The last source link is labeled "archives..." (not very intuitive)
> > I clicked on it and then downloaded the file:
> > "jakarta-taglibs-string-current.zip "
> >
> > This appears to be a binary distribution.
>
> Yeah, I can't find a source distribution for any of the taglibs I
> randomly clicked on, either in archives or on the main mirrors. Seems
> bad.

In the mean time, current sources have always been available and linked
via [ http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/#Downloads ], by clicking on the
appropriate "Source" links, for supported or sandbox taglibs
distributions. The sources, AFAIK, were always available as supported or
sandbox bundles (rather than individual taglib sources), primarily because
the top level build script fires the individual taglib builds (i.e. you'd
be at a loss to build without having the bits one level up). Once you have
those, however, you can use your discretion to build the taglibs that
interest you.

Links from the download section mentioned above lead to (Robert, you'll
find the String taglib sources by following the first link below):
Supported [ http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/nightly/src/ ]
Sandbox [
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs-sandbox/nightly/src/ ]

-Rahul