From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugeny...@jdevelop.com>
Subject passing variable to custom tag
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:39:52 GMT
Hi, I have designed custom tag, which displays date depending of difference
beteen current date and specified date, it looks like this

<jd:formatDate dates="Today,Yesterday,2 days ago"
date="${late_messages.time_end}" format="dd-MM-yyyy"/>

But I have problem passing variable from JSTL forEach tag into my tag, it does
not passed and throws an exeption. However date attribute in tag definition
is defined with 'rtexpval' property. Tag definistion is below:

  <tag>
    <name>formatDate</name>

    <tagclass>
    com.greenvalley.TMS.MML.Servlet.Tags.DateFormatTag</tagclass>

    <attribute>
      <name>date</name>

      <required>true</required>

      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>

    <attribute>
      <name>format</name>

      <required>true</required>

      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>

    <attribute>
      <name>dates</name>

      <required>true</required>

      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
  </tag>

Could somebody please suggest how should I pass variables from JSTL tags to
custom tags libraries?
--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky